badge

Monday, December 21, 2009

Happy New Year




"We will open the book. Its pages are blank. We are going to put words on them ourselves. The book is called Opportunity and its first chapter is New Year's Day"


I love New Year as its a day where we think whom we are, what are we doing, what needs to be improved. Its like taking a new birth. Excitement fills when we remove old calender and hang up new one.

For me, the day usually begins with a special delicious breakfast prepared by my cute mom (Of course helped by me & my special dad). Then, I would go for a temple near by - by default its "Murugan Temple". Rarely, My sister accompany me.


So now its time to welcome 2010. Of course its a special year, as many miracles are going to happen in my family :)
Every-year I make a list of resolutions which expires with a validity period of 1 day.

Every Year,My New Year's resolution will be,

  • I wont fight with my sister.
  • will get up in early morning - (yes, getting sharply at 9.00 followed by suprabatham of my mom)
  • Wont watch TV
  • Listen to my mom & help her in cooking & cleaning the house.
Making New Year resolutions are very easy. Keeping track of it is very hard. In fact, Experts says, 97 percent of New Year resolutions are broken. Yes, this year too I have taken some resolution with a confident of implementing it.

My New Year's Resolutions 2010:

Repeat of last year's Resolution ;)

  • To Read more books
  • Start doing Exercise -My Mom's request, (PT Master request)
  • Family Trip to Abroad - I need to take my parents (its ok, my sister also) to some place outside India, may be Singapore.
I stop with 3, as I believe too much resolutions lead to No action.
From my resolutions, its clearly understood that I am not going to sacrifice anything. Just going to add some good habits- to make my life colorful. As a positive quote says, "Dont imagine a white elephant" tempts to imagine a white elephant. I don't want to repeat a bad habit by saying "I wont sleep till 9:00". Instead, "I will get up at 7:00" :)

2 comments: