badge

Sunday, May 12, 2019

Expressing Love Beyond Mother's Day



As I greeted my mother with a warm hug and a thoughtful gift on Mother's Day, I couldn't help but reflect on the significance of this special day. It's a time when we come together to show our deep affection for our mothers. However, I firmly believe that our love for them should be expressed every day, not just on this designated occasion.

On that particular day, my mother was bustling around the kitchen, simultaneously preparing dosas and cooking curry. Amidst her busy routine, she hurriedly dashed to the bathroom to attend to the laundry, promptly placing it in the washing machine. Without skipping a beat, she efficiently retrieved the dried clothes and began folding them.

I was taken aback by her sheer ability to juggle multiple tasks effortlessly. Was she human or some kind of superhuman? How did my mother manage to accomplish so much in such a short amount of time? Mothers are truly skilled at multitasking, a talent that I often marvel at.

Admittedly, I can't multitask like my mother. Even with practice, I've come to accept that it's just not my strong suit. Multitasking requires a special talent, one that only mothers seem to possess.

Lost in my thoughts, I decided to relieve my mother of the task of folding the clothes. I took charge and confidently proclaimed, "Mom, I can complete this task in 30 seconds!"

This declaration elicited laughter from my mother, who responded, "My dear child, I can finish this task in one minute. If you join in, it will take you at least an hour."

Perhaps she was right, but I wanted to take on the challenge.

I swiftly gathered all the washed clothes and spread them out on a mat, ready to be folded one by one. Choosing the mat allowed me ample space to neatly arrange the clothes once they were folded.

I began with the T-shirts, focusing on the collar before proceeding to fold each sleeve. Although my folding technique may not have been perfect, I remained confident that with practice and consistency, I would improve and complete the task seamlessly and efficiently.

After swiftly folding the majority of the T-shirts in 30 seconds, I moved on to folding the pants.

To illustrate my newfound skills, I even recorded a video of the task, which I've attached below. Take a look!












My mother burst out into laughter.
Without giving her another chance, I quickly took all the washed clothes and piled down on the mat so that I can easily fold one by one. Another reason for choosing mat is that I get enough space to keep them once I fold properly.
I started with T-shirts first and concentrated on the collar and then folded both the sleeves.
I have attached the video of the task.


While I acknowledge that my folding technique may not have been flawless, I'm certain that with consistent practice, I will become adept at folding clothes quickly and flawlessly.

Since that day, I have made it a habit to fold the laundry each night. Previously, I had procrastinated, assuming that folding clothes would consume a significant amount of time. However, this experience taught me that folding clothes can be accomplished swiftly and efficiently, as long as we approach the task with love and determination.

Now armed with the knowledge that folding clothes takes mere seconds, I no longer allow washed clothes to pile up. By folding them promptly, I maintain a clean and organized living space.

Remember, expressing love for our mothers goes beyond a single day of celebration. Let us strive to appreciate and show our love for them every day, cherishing their unmatched skills and the endless tasks they effortlessly undertake.

Happy Mothers day

 ‘I pledge to #ShareTheLoad in household chores in association with Ariel and BlogAdda

No comments:

Post a Comment