badge

Sunday, August 11, 2024

The Definition of Love : A Heartfelt Surprise


It’s 12:00 A.M, and the rain drizzles softly,  

As if the world itself is joining my birthday celebration.  

Standing with the gifts, beside the jacuzzi,  

I watch the rain play across the open-theatre.


I remember every time I said, "I love you," you would just smile and turn away.

You never acknowledged my words or whispered "love you too" in return. 

Instead, you always brushed it off, calling me dramatic or flim-eee.


Whenever I asked, "Will you marry me?"  

Your answers were never straightforward;  

"Don’t you already know?," You always replied with a mysterious shrug.


Can you believe it? In all these years we have shared,  

Whether in our relationship or through marriage,

Never ever once you said "I love you."


Maybe that attitude is what drew me to you,  

Making me fall deeply and passionately.  

Yes, I couldn’t help but fall for you, 

And you crafted moments to lead me to propose you.


With all of this, I had come to believe,  

That practicality was all that you were,  

That I should expect no love languages 

or grand gestures from you.


But now, as you slowly removed your shirt,  

My heart skipped a beat.  

At first, I thought, "Oh no, not another child!"  


As you revealed the gift with love in your eyes,

My eyes fixed on it, and I was left dumbstruck.


Never in my wildest dreams 

Did I imagine you would go this far.


Lost in the moment, unable to speak.  

Your gesture shattered my expectations,  

Leaving me breathless.


There, etched onto your chest, was my name— A PERMANENT TATTO

I was flabbergasted, and in that moment,  

Still I am wondering about your love with confusion.  

 

The love you have for me is so hard to follow,  

And, I find myself unable to fully express it in words.

No comments:

Post a Comment