badge

Wednesday, February 18, 2015

Bedtime Rituals with Pampers

During the first week of my sister’s son birth, the baby was sleeping peacefully for 18 to 20 hours a day. It was an awesome moment to watch a new born sleeping. I eagerly wait for the baby to wake up, so that I can play and enjoy with his cute moments. But it hurts when the baby wakes up at odd time and cry for milk.
Pampers Baby Dry Pants
Making a baby sleep is like an art. My sister was very scared of diapers thinking that it would cause rashes to the baby. Hence during the initial days, she avoided diapers for the baby. But it was affecting the other way. Since it was December month and the climate was chill, the baby used to urinate frequently. Every one hour it will urinate and wet the cradle. The baby will awake immediately as it feels uncomfortable, soggy and start to cry. It used to wake up minimum 4 times at night and spoils his sleep.
Next day the baby will not be active since it did not sleep properly. That’s when my sister decided to go for diaper. With the help of diaper the baby sleeps so well and wakes only once during the night time that too for milk. It is very important for the baby to have a sound sleep at night so that it wakes up fresh - the next day. It also helps the baby to stay active the next day.
Source -  Pampers Baby Dry Pants
    In order to make the baby sleep peacefully below are the things I do.
Offer the baby a hot bath in the afternoon, so that the baby sleeps well in the afternoon.It will wake up by 6.00 P.M. and I play with him till 9.00 P.M. Then I nestle the baby in my arms and start narrating stories. I am very bad at remembering my nursery stories and hence I need to Google to get the one-line story. After reading from Google, I narrate the story in a sing-song way by roaring if the story involves lion, chirrup and chirp if a bird is involved in the story. One could easily hear different sounds like roaring, barking, whooping, and whistling when they cross my home during night.
I make sure all the mobile phones, electronics items like laptop are outside the room, so that radiation does not affect the baby.
Image Source - fisher-price.com 
I have brought the above picture recently and have attached it to the baby cradle. The Fishers price Precious Planet’s 2-in-1 Projection Mobile comes with a projector, Sweet soothing music and tiny toys like bear, whale, crocodile, lion, rabbit attached towards it. When it is on, the animals reflects on the ceiling and moves in a circular way. The baby lying on the cradle enjoys the animal moving around and talks with his own language. It tries to catch the animals that was on the ceiling and sleeps playing with those animals.

Click here to watch the Embedded video

This post is written as a part of Bedtime Rituals contest organized by Pampers Baby Dry Pants in association with Indiblogger. 

1 comment:

  1. Happy to hear a new arrival to your family. Every one might cross the situation to use the Diaper but author only can like to listen the moment cross over and describe more than a live event. It is makes the reader to read again and again. You did that perfect way. Keep it up.

    ReplyDelete